TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (“T&Cs” or “Terms and Conditions”) shall be applicable to Galli Galli Sim Sim Contest being organized by Sesame Workshop India Initiatives Private Limited (SWIIPLC) on Doordarshan National television channel (“Channel”) contest to be conducted by SWIIPLC and shall be termed as follows:
“Galli Galli Sim Sim Roz nayi kahani, roz naya inam” Contest on DD National [via Short Code SMS].
The above contest shall be referred to with its Contest title on the Channel.
Following are the terms that shall be applicable to the Contest:
- The Contest is open only to Indian citizens, residing in Citizens and/or residents of countries other than India are not eligible to participate. Citizens and/or residents of countries other than India residing in India are not eligible to participate.
- Participation in the Contest is restricted to children below 12 years of age as on date.
(All persons fulfilling conditions mentioned in section 1 & 2 shall be hereinafter referred to as “Participants”. By participating in the Contest, you (“Participant”), through your parent/legal guardian signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions stated below)
- The contest shall be open for participation from 6 August 2018 till 15 September 2018 and subject to the T&Cs for
- The Galli Galli Sim Sim show shall be broadcast on the Channel as per the schedule below:
- Monday – Friday 3-4 pm
- Saturday 10.30 am
- There will be a new question every day of the broadcast of the Galli Galli Sim Sim show on the Channel from 6 August 2018 to 15 September 2018 and the question shall be broadcast only immediately before or during or immediately after the broadcast of the Galli Galli Sim Sim show as per timings in point 4 above. Participant children have to watch the episodes to find the answer. The contest question shall not be available on any other show, channel or media platform.
- Participants are required to send their answers to the question by Short Code SMS messaging to the designated response code that will be announced during the course of the daily broadcast of Galli Galli Sim Sim.
- Questions broadcast on any day are required to be answered latest by midnight on the same day i.e. 11.59 p.m. the same day.
- For every day of the contest the participant children who send the 5 first correct answers will be selected as winners and their names will be declared and they will be contacted subsequently over the time period during which the contest will be run on the Channel.
- SWIIPLC will call the participants and their parents/legal guardians to confirm that the participant child is under 12 years and is a resident of India. SWIIPLC may require winning participants to provide valid photo identity documents including but not limited to passport, Aadhaar card, and ration card prior to being declared as Winners.
- Upon verification, the first 5 participants with correct answers shall be declared as winners and shall be informed of the result by phone/SMS. All calls and SMS shall be recorded and retained by SWIIPLC as records relating to the contest.
- Winning participants shall be called by SWIIPLC representative and will be required to share by their particulars such as name, age, parent/guardian’s name, address to enable SWIIPLC to send them their prize by courier. In the event that such participant does not respond to the first call, the call will again be attempted 2-4 times during the period of 24 hours following the first call attempt. Continued failure to respond to the calls made by SWIIPLC for a period of 24 hours since the first call attempt shall result in the participant being excluded from the list of winners and the next participant giving a correct answer shall be included in the list of winners.
- Prizes shall be decided from time to time at the sole and absolute discretion of SWIIPLC.
- Employees, agents, and promoters (including their immediate family members) of SWIIPLC and any of their divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the Contest in any manner are not eligible to participate.
- The Contest terms and conditions shall be mentioned on Galli Galli Sim Sim website http://www.galligallisimsim.com (“Website”). The Participants agree that by participating in the Contest, the Participants shall be bound by the terms and conditions provided.
- The specific requirements for the Contest shall be outlined in the T&Cs.
- The announcement about the Winners and the Prize (defined below) shall be as per the T&Cs of the Contest.
- The Participant can win only once in this Any subsequent wins of the Participant (if declared) will be automatically void.
- Participants should ensure the accuracy of the information provided by them in relation to the
- The Prize, when the same is in form of some tangible goods or materials or vouchers, shall be sent by post and/or courier to the Winners as per the address provided by them. SWIIPLC shall not be responsible if the Prize is damaged in the course of delivery through the post.
- Participants who send or makes any profanity or abusive comments to SWIIPLC or the Channel shall be disqualified forthwith and SWIIPLC reserves its rights to take legal action against such participants.
- Participants agree no clarifications on the questions and the answers used in the Contests shall be entertained by
- By participating in the Contest, each Participant agrees to follow these Terms and Conditions and is deemed bound by any decisions made by SWIIPLC in its sole discretion, including any interpretations of the Terms and
- SWIIPLC including its divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective agents and representatives, employees shall not be responsible for any loss of Entries for any reason whatsoever including, due to any technical problems for Entries received after the deadline as a consequence of any technical glitches or malfunctions or for lost, misdirected or misplaced The answers are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, not in prescribed format, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- SWIIPLC reserves its right to select and declare or not to declare the Winner in the
- While accepting the Prize, the Winner may be required to agree to an “indemnity and release of claims” statement provided by SWIIPLC, as the case may be, which shall release SWIIPLC of all Failure to confirm the indemnity and release statement or to complete and sign any documents requested by SWIIPLC may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. All decisions of SWIIPLC are final in this regard. The winning claim will be processed only if the respondent will confirm unconditional agreement with the indemnity clause.
- Mere participation/submitting answers in the Contest does not entitle the Participants to win the
- The Prize will be awarded to the Winners pursuant to verification and in accordance with these Terms and
- SWIIPLC may refuse to give the Prize(s) to Participant(s) in the event of his/her fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement to participate in the Contest under these Terms and
- The Prize is not transferable, assignable or exchangeable for cash Only the prize Winners and no other person or agent may claim the Prize.
- In case the Winner is/are found to be in violation of any and all rules of the Contest, SWIIPLC reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such person(s) including but not limited to having the concerned Winners to refund/replace the Prize(s)
- SWIIPLC has the right to substitute the Prize with other prizes of equal value, as determined by SWIIPLC in its sole.